PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix setting saves and more...

Flitt
10-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Hi! I have been a long time windows user, but due to the recent F**k ups of windows, I moved to RedHad 9.0. My parents didn't like it becaus my sister didn't understand it :?. My friend recently gave me a Knoppix CD that I have loved! I don't remember the version exactly that it is, but I dont think that this will matter in any of ther versions. I would like to set up each of the 4 desktops with their own customized thing for each user that uses my computer. I have figured out how to do that, but I do not know how to save those settings. I also have each of my drives partitioned and Knoppix wont let me open them when searching what I want to run. It tries to run the partitioned drive itself. And finally, is there anyway to make the pixels on the screen bigger. It seems that it is running at 800x600 but I would like to boost it up to 1024x768.

Thank you for your time.
Thomas Lilienthal.

Note: I am not at home right now. If I were I would give you the version number.

Superstoned
10-09-2003, 09:11 AM
euh... have you, or have you not installed knoppix? After installation, if you have multiple users, they are seperate, and have their own settings.

but if you didnt install, settings cant be saved on the cd (duh), but can be saved on disk. Look in knoppix>save configuration, that might help.

about the partitons, have you mounted them?

screensizes: when u use the knoppix-cd check the cheatcodes (press f1 at knoppix bootscreen) I think for you it is knoppix screen=1024x768
after installation, use for example Kxcontrol in the configurationscreen, or type it in konsole (as root!)

good luck!