PDA

View Full Version : new to linux... slight graphics prob

Lady1030
10-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Hi there! I"m new to knoppix........ actually linux alltogether.. and I like what I see so far! I have a couple of questions that I hope to have answered before I make the switch and install it on my hard drive.
When I am in knoppix, the graphics looks fine on the desktop and in some apps, but programs like mozilla, gaim, falcons eye, and a few other apps, the colours and distort and look really grainy,making it impossible to see what is written on my screen. Is there a way to fix this? I have my screen resolution set at 800x600, using a s3trio 2d video card, and my monitor is a samtron,
If I could find the screencapture app, I could show you what I mean here.
I hope someone is kind enough to help me here and I"m tired of using M$ 98!

CivilEng
10-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Hey there;

I don't know how to slove your graphics problem, but there is a screen capture program included with Knoppix. KSnapshot is located in Multimedia > Graphics > More Programs.

At least that way you can show us all what you mean.

And DON'T give up! GNU/Linux, especially Debian, and of Debian ESPECIALLY Knoppix is a very worthwhile and rewarding experience.... Just got to get through the learning curve!

Good Luck,

Civ

Lady1030
10-09-2003, 02:10 AM
ok... I found the screencapture app, now I just have to figure out how to get the capture OUT of knoppix and INTO windows, so i can upload it to my website and then link it to here... I saved the capture in jpg format, then to /mnt/hda1/ but how the heck do i find that in win 98??

Stephen
10-09-2003, 02:13 AM
ok... I found the screencapture app, now I just have to figure out how to get the capture OUT of knoppix and INTO windows, so i can upload it to my website and then link it to here... I saved the capture in jpg format, then to /mnt/hda1/ but how the heck do i find that in win 98??

That would be your C: drive.

Lady1030
10-09-2003, 04:13 AM
here's what i mean... hope it works it's Mozilla.. not looking quite right
http://pages.ivillage.com/lady10302003/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/snapshot4.jpg.w300h225.jpg

What causes this?