PDA

View Full Version : Remastering with HP OpenView Agent and hostname

Salvatore
10-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Hello

I'm relatively new to Linux and Knoppix. I have a little knowledge about all this stuff but I like it.

O.K., here's my problem:
I have to remaster KNOPPIX to create a CD with a HP OpenView Software Agent (Recovery CD).
I've followed the Remastering HowTo from this site and copied the relevant files to the source directory. Because it need inetd, I've edited the (source/KNOPPIX)/etc/inetd.conf and added this line:
omni stream tcp nowait /usr/omni/bin/inet inet -log /usr/omni/log/inet.log

Usualkly I've use a setup script to install it on Red Hat and SuSe. But it doesn't work on KNOPPIX, so I copied the files manually from a working SuSe Installation to the KNOPPIX source dir.

To automate the automatic start of inetd If created a link (ln -s) under /etc/rc5.d to inet (S15inetd).
This will start inetd during start of KNOPPIX.

The problem start when I try to include the machine in the infrastructure. The Tool said it doesn't find the machine. Ping to the DNS Name is OK.

When I run ps -A it shows inetd in the list.
Normally there must be a port 5555 open. When I run a PortScanner there is only FTP Port 21 open.

Is there something wrong what I did?

Further I would ask how I can change the hostname of the new CD? When I run hostname <newhostname> (after chroot) it will change the hostname of the current instance and not of the chrooted installation. I've already changed the hosts file, but nothing changed. It remains at knoppix.

I hope someone can help me. I don't think that the first problem is a problem of the added software, but from my customisation.

Greetings
Salvatore

PrOCesSkIlL
10-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Have a look in /etc/hostname won't work I think.

The hostname is set by /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, also you have to edit the name-resolution configuration, cause it is also set to knoppix.

A very simple way to change all config files is by using fs-reengine. :lol:

Have a look in here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5350