PDA

View Full Version : Printer prints blank first page

CivilEng
10-10-2003, 11:08 AM
I really hope someone can help me out with this one, it's a problem that's slowly driving me crazy.

I'm running a Canon i320 (really nice, affordable little printer) which only has linux support through TurboPrint. (www.turboprint.de/english.html) My problem is that in about 50% of my applications (Konqueror, Ooo to name a couple) when I print a document, everything prints normally, except the first page is always blank. This occurs when I print 2-up and other multiple page per sheet formats as well... the space occupied by the document's first page is left blank. In Open Office I've even resorted to including a blank first page in documents.

Strangely enough, Mozilla (and the other half of my apps) prints fine, first page and all.

Maybe it's a problem with how I'm sending jobs to the printer, but I don't know how to check that and I certainly need help to fix it.

Hopefully someone's run accross this sort of thing before.

Thanks,

Civ

CivilEng
10-14-2003, 12:25 AM
The shame *sigh*....

I fixed this problem by installing Knoppix 3.3... which means I really didn't fix anything, but am left still wondering what had gone wrong. Oh well, I guess I'm not as big a purist as I thought.

Civ