PDA

View Full Version : knoppix cd problems

pbearseven
10-11-2003, 08:27 PM
I burnt Knoppix to a cd and everthing works find until about the second or third time bootn' it up. It starts telling me it has found errors on the cd and after that it does not work. This is the second cd that this has happened. If it makes any difference the cd's are not for data. I am using cd-r.

Thank you
pbearseven

robwelch100
10-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Don't fall for the notion that cd's are somehow different if manufacturers say its for music or data. A CD is a CD!

I don't pretend to know why you get the errors. Why don't you install knoppix to your hard drive and leave the CD issues behind? It runs better and enables you to actually use the CD-rom while running knoppix. This site has plenty of detailed descriptions on how to do this.

Dave_Bechtel
10-13-2003, 01:50 PM
If you're buying El Cheapo CDR, switch to a name brand. This is most likely due to scratches/media degradation. Also try burner at a slower speed (no higher than 32x.)

I burnt Knoppix to a cd and everthing works find until about the second or third time bootn' it up. It starts telling me it has found errors on the cd and after that it does not work. This is the second cd that this has happened. If it makes any difference the cd's are not for data. I am using cd-r.

Thank you
pbearseven

bluegreenone
10-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Please check out this thread (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5464) and report if that might be a cause.