PDA

View Full Version : Possible 9-24 ISO size problem

bluegreenone
10-13-2003, 03:03 PM
Hey there, I am having trouble with the 9-24EN ISO in that I have tried burning it to 2 different CD-RW discs with no success. Some background:
-I use Linux and cdrecord to burn
-I have burned many Knoppix ISOs before
-I have been able to burn Knoppix to a CD-RW once before

When I do cdrecord it doesnt report any errors. The disc will actually boot, but will die when I try to use the network config tool. I tried to do an md5sum to both copies and after a long time got Input/Output errors, whereas a good CD returns the MD5.

My theory is that since previous releases were slightly smaller, perhaps this 700MB ISO is causing trouble. Is anyone else having trouble and if so, should we talk to Mr. Knopper about going back to 695MB ISOs?

rickenbacherus
10-13-2003, 04:39 PM
No problems burning the 9-24 release w/ cdrecord here. I've heard lots of problems related to burning 9-24 but w/ those lamo winapps not cdrecord. You are using cdrecord in Linux right? If your md5sums don't come back then that seems a little odd to me.

dash
10-13-2003, 05:54 PM
I have had the same problem burning this release with Linux. Two out of five 700MB CDRW disks tried have failed. I also assumed that it was a size related issue. I have checked the md5sums on the files and have never had a problem in the past.

dash

Stephen
10-13-2003, 08:10 PM
I have had the same problem burning this release with Linux. Two out of five 700MB CDRW disks tried have failed. I also assumed that it was a size related issue. I have checked the md5sums on the files and have never had a problem in the past.

dash

It burns fine on my cdrw's do you blank=all before you record the new ISO to the disk?

bluegreenone
10-14-2003, 11:16 AM
It burns fine on my cdrw's do you blank=all before you record the new ISO to the disk?
I blanked mine with blank=disc and I'm using quality media.

It's possible people are having this problem but don't realize it since it burns without an error and will boot. It wasn't until trying to run network config that it became evident that there was a problem with the disc. I see other people on the forum who are having misc. problems running specific apps, could these be related?