PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Knoppix-server version

asinkecualo
10-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi,

In a few weeks I'll teach in an 2 Linux courses.
In an introduction course I'll give Knoppix 3.3, to teach people how easy and beautiful Linux can be.
In a second advanced linux course. I'll like to explain things like Apache, proFTPd, djbdns, postfix, webmin, ssh,... and other server side software. So I'd like to have a Knoppix with all this software and be able to change configuration.

Do you know any Knoppix remasterised to do such type of things?

Thanks a lot

rickenbacherus
10-13-2003, 05:31 PM
I have never used it myself but have heard good things about Zope (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4323#22045). Perhaps it does what you are looking for?

asinkecualo
10-13-2003, 05:34 PM
I have never used it myself but have heard good things about Zope (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4323#22045). Perhaps it does what you are looking for?
Nops... Zope is an Aplication Server and framework written in Python... I knew it, I've used it... Is not a live-cd configurable server distribution :) that's what I'm looking for.

arkaine23
10-13-2003, 07:32 PM
Often config files in /etc are just links to files on the CD kept in ramdisk. So you can copy the original file to /home/knoppix, delete the link and then edit your copy of the original file and stick it back in /etc. Then run or restart the appropriate daemon.

paradocs
10-14-2003, 02:26 AM
Hi asinkecualo,

Don't dismiss the Zope Live KNOPPIX CD.
Yes is has Zope and this is not want you want
but the remaster is just KNOPPIX with
a lot of server and scientific software on
it. The author talked about making it a
leaner disto -- makeing it a more pure
Zope Demo. I hope he does not do this
since I love my Zope disk.
ftp://ftp.texmacs.org/pub/TeXmacs/knoppix/

I also use the DVD which has a cloop limit
problem but works well for what I need.
It has Apache, postfix, webmin, ssh

I did not check check the Zope disk for all of
these since I do not know what they all are.

Best Wishes
paradocs

Ambrose
10-24-2003, 11:31 PM
Making your own Knoppix server isn't too hard. My knoppix servers all have apache, mysql, ssh, php, amung others. The production servers are fine running Knoppix.

-Ambrose