PDA

View Full Version : KNOPPIX 3.3 with pre KDE3.20, P2P,MPlayer,Nvidia driver

Arman
10-13-2003, 06:47 PM
http://www.kde-look.org/content/pics/8371-1.png

rickenbacherus
10-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Uhhhh- yeah that's.......nice......... Was there some reason for posting a screenshot?

Ghandalfar
10-13-2003, 07:44 PM
could you please post instructions how you set up nvidia binary driver to work from cd with autodetection?

Superstoned
10-13-2003, 08:34 PM
this has been answered with a nice how-to. use the forum's searchfunction to find it (i'm too lazy to do it for you, and why should I have to?)

search on "nvidia live drivers" or something like that... you'll find it easy...

Ghandalfar
10-13-2003, 09:43 PM
interesting ... I've tried searching and only found how to install nvidia-gfx-drivers while running from CD. No instructions about modifying knoppix autodetection scripts to automaticly use nvidia instead of nv driver.

Could you please be so kind and point me to the correct thread?

arkaine23
10-13-2003, 10:03 PM
That would be nice. I just use the install-on-demand scripts for ati and nvidia in my remaster, Overclockix. I've incorporated mplayer, openoffice 1.1, ogle, xcdrecord, opera, and mozilla-firebird as well as customized desktop settings, and java, flash, and mplayer plugins for the broswers. I really haven't tested the driver install scripts, and I am aware of some small bugs...

Mine is based off of Knoppix 3.2 06-06 though. I probably won't have any time to build a 3.3 version of it until towards the end of the year.

http://overclockix.octeams.com/snapshot5.jpg

Superstoned
10-13-2003, 11:33 PM
interesting ... I've tried searching and only found how to install nvidia-gfx-drivers while running from CD. No instructions about modifying knoppix autodetection scripts to automaticly use nvidia instead of nv driver.

hmmm, I remember there was a thread about that one also, in hd-install. but you can also download the from-cd-script, it will give an error, and then automatically download the right script for you thats how I did it ;-)

Arman
10-14-2003, 03:05 AM
This 2 screenshot is running from cd,in next days is avaliable for download... :D
Multilingual,only need install kde-i18n and koffice-18n in your language
dpkg-reconfigure locales and unlock 45xsession
Drivers nvidia are in .gz install under demand from cd and after hd install
http://www.kde-look.org/content/pics/8399-1.png

w.nelson
10-14-2003, 04:48 AM
Here is a preview of KDE 3.2 there a many features.

- Splash screen modify
- Konqueror improvments
- Shadowing, transparency

http://home.comcast.net/~wnelsonjr/snapshot1.png

Superstoned
10-14-2003, 10:14 AM
I run KDE CVS for some time, it is really cool... things like transparant kicker, but also the just-a-few-days-ago introduced options for windows (fullscreen, without borders etc) are really usefull. Pitty it is quite buggy sometimes ;)

the worst thing running CVS is that you wont see much improvements when the final version is out :evil:

anyway, using the KDE CVS repository its very easy to use CVS, you dont have to compile it yourself. are u guys using that?

Ghandalfar
10-14-2003, 12:16 PM

hmmm, I remember there was a thread about that one also, in hd-install. but you can also download the from-cd-script, it will give an error, and then automatically download the right script for you thats how I did it ;-)

Yes.. but no autodetection? Having autodetection would be soo cool because then user doesn't need to bo bothered with it.

Superstoned
10-14-2003, 12:36 PM
autodetection is possible, but Klaus knopper did not want to include the official Nvidia drivers on the knoppix-cd cuz they are not free (they dont come with source). But some remasters have the script, I dunno wheter they install it automatically, but its possible.

aay
10-14-2003, 10:38 PM
autodetection is possible, but Klaus knopper did not want to include the official Nvidia drivers on the knoppix-cd cuz they are not free (they dont come with source). But some remasters have the script, I dunno wheter they install it automatically, but its possible.

Yes you are correct. Morphix will autodetect with Nvidia for those who need this.