PDA

View Full Version : Win88se Registry Checker states i have no backups to restore

ellie
10-14-2003, 11:10 PM
HELP!! Am in a major panic now, i lost access to Windows yesterday (Windows has detected a registry/config error + Himem.sys, dblbuff.sys and iblslp?.sys are missing or corrupt) and after trying to run SCANREG unsuccessfully had managed to enter the registry checker after copying a scanreg file from another computer. I have always successfully booted my computer each day (so believed my registry was being automatically backed up) but when i try to restore a previous registry im told there are no backups to restore? How can this be? Im a complete novice with computers and dont have the disk or knowledge to reinstall Windows, can anyone offer any advice although i appreciate the outcome is looking bleak?! I have copied the three files mentioned above but dont know what to do with them now they're on disk!!

eadz
10-14-2003, 11:39 PM
Hi,
This forum is for Knoppix Linux, not Windows. If you have a problem with Windows, either find someone to help you ( not here ) or use Linux.