PDA

View Full Version : KDE3, Fluxbox as default window manager?

anhedonic
10-18-2003, 05:19 AM
Hey How do i get fluxbox as my default window manager... i do not have a login manager scree nthing as i goto straight into knoppix user on bootup.

i tried adding a .xinitrc into .home/knoppix saying exec fluxbox but it didnt work
any ideas????

Air-Op
11-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Knoppix does some cool auto detection of the video hardware....
and I want to tweak the xf86config file a bit...

This is relaited because I would think that these issues would be in the same script... and they both have to do with saving settings...

I suppose I should get a different thead going for this idea... and I can... and I can come back and edit this...

Hardware Profiles
It could be really cool to do an md5sum of scanpci or somesuch and associate the hardware settings with the md5sum. (assuming that the monitor info got in there somehow so it doesn't blow any monitors up).. .and then on boot, md5sum the scanpci and see if it matches... and if it does use the already calculated settings.

zz9pluralzalpha
11-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Hey How do i get fluxbox as my default window manager... i do not have a login manager scree nthing as i goto straight into knoppix user on bootup.

If you're using KDE's auto-login thingy, you should just be able to log out, select fluxbox and login. After that it should become your default.

Air-Op
11-03-2003, 06:06 AM
If I log out of KDE it restarts the system!

quiescens
11-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Maybe take a look at /etc/sysconfig/desktop ?