PDA

View Full Version : Dance Dance Tux Project

hernan
10-18-2003, 07:27 AM
OK, I just can't find enough time for this project (if you go to Docs, then KnoppixCustomize or something like that, you will find the Dance Dance Tux project...DDT). I started working on it, but since I have dial-up, and I'm behind a proxy server, making the distro was getting too hard, so I "abandoned" the project :(
If anyone wants to continue it, can send me an email to hernancosi@cs.com first, then modify the Wiki page. (I want to know who will be in charge of it first).
I would really like to see something like this and not just in my imagination :D.
If you think you can work on it, then get all the software required from APT-GET and the songs from http://www.ddrspain.com/ this site is in spanish, but you only have to do this:
Go to Descargas (Downloads), then to the "Dance Dance Revolution" category (it should say 0 in ()'s) Once you are in there there is a category called DDRSpain Packages (or something like that), and then you can download the zip files with the mixes, which will make your job a lot easier.

OK, I'm waiting for someone to make this idea into a great distro.

Thank you,

Hernan

Ghandalfar
10-18-2003, 12:29 PM
Can you give me more info about the:
- Optimized parallel mat drivers (the current ones are really slow)

I don't fully understand how much work does it take for this point..

hernan
10-18-2003, 05:17 PM
about the parallel drivers, i read on the pyDance website, that the current 'drivers' are really slow, I have no idea either, but I read it, and I tought I would need to replace them if I wanted a portable DDR system.

just go to google.com and search for pyDance, and the site will come up.

Good luck,

Hernan

Ghandalfar
10-18-2003, 08:30 PM
looks cool but it will require kernel recompile and someone to test it

hernan
10-22-2003, 01:07 AM
go ahead and do it, i will help you on the testing...as soon as u get a stable version.. (and take out a lot of programs, and put 1 or 2 songs, only) (i have dial up, but i might be able to download the file at school, as long as it's under 50 megs..:( sry)

good luck

hernan

hernan
10-23-2003, 08:17 PM
I guess im alone in this project...anyone there?

Ghandalfar
10-23-2003, 08:27 PM
it takes time :)