PDA

View Full Version : unknown cron job

tegan
01-28-2003, 09:04 AM
I have this mail message coming every 10 minutes:

From root@Knoppix Mon Jan 27 14:50:02 2003
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:50:02 -0800 (PST)
To: root@Knoppix
Subject: Cron <root@terry> test -d /etc/lvmtab.d && test -x /sbin/lvmsadc && test -f /etc/lvmtab && /sbin/lvmsadc /var/log/lvm
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/root>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=root>

lvmsadc -- no volume groups found

I have not set up any cron jobs. I have looked in KCron, and it doesn't seem like there are jobs set up there either. I don't have any logical volumes ( which is what I think this is concerning ).
To keep root's mailbox from filling with these unneeded ( I think ) messages, what should I do?

Yes, I am a newbie.
Thanks
Terry Egan

RockMumbles
01-28-2003, 06:21 PM
What I did was edit the lvm-common entry in /etc/cron.d and remarked out the line that starts with a " ! " following the " ! " is the line you are seeing as the subject of the mail.

You could probably just remove (delete) the lvm-common file, but I would rather just comment something like this out, in case something comes up later and you find out now you need it. I would rather error on the safe side.

HTH

rock

tegan
02-01-2003, 01:51 AM
I tried using a "!" and the effect was that the mail message was sent every hour instead of every 10 minutes. I then tried using a "#" as the comment instead of a "!", then then I did not get the message. Thanks!javascript:emoticon(%27%3AD%27)