PDA

View Full Version : Two questions before I start my remaster.

estranged
10-20-2003, 06:18 AM
I have read the tutorial and I can understand all the steps but two things are not clear to me.

1) When I start my remaster will the remaster at first be based on the the prexisting knoppix distro? Or it will be "blank" if you will, and I can put whatever I want in it?

2) I want to put some personalized settings that will stay even after a Hard drive install. Mainly default settings for kde. Examples:
My wallpaper, a prechosen theme, preconfigured file associations in KDE. I am thinking that this will be possible if I alter the config files of my remaster after the download and install of KDE. no?

Thank you :)

Ghandalfar
10-20-2003, 08:53 AM
I have read the tutorial and I can understand all the steps but two things are not clear to me.

1) When I start my remaster will the remaster at first be based on the the prexisting knoppix distro? Or it will be "blank" if you will, and I can put whatever I want in it?

You probably want to start with Knoppix remaster to get the feeling about the way things work and such.

You can later start from a scratch. A bit lower in this forum you will find instructions how to do it.

2) I want to put some personalized settings that will stay even after a Hard drive install. Mainly default settings for kde. Examples:
My wallpaper, a prechosen theme, preconfigured file associations in KDE. I am thinking that this will be possible if I alter the config files of my remaster after the download and install of KDE. no?

Thank you :)

I believe this is the right way to handle things. Mostly you will change setting in /etc and /etc/skell to affect default knoppix user.