PDA

View Full Version : Wireless network audit tools in Knoppix 3.3

Sujeet
10-22-2003, 12:00 AM
Folks,

I was wondering if we could dedicate a conversation thread entirely to the use of wireless network audit tools available off the Knoppix distribution.

I've read through most of the tips and pointers for getting Cisco Aironet cards into Monitor mode on this newsgroup, but they don't seem to have helped. I'm trying to start using Kismet and AirSnort with a Cisco Aironet 350 (PCMCIA). My other card is a Dell TrueMobile 1150 (PCMCIA), which most say is a rebadged Orinoco.

I've been unable to get either cards to work, and thereby unable to get Kismet and/or AirSnort to work.

Instead of me posting up the many and varied error messages I've been getting through the several unsuccessful attempts I've made, I was wondering if y'all could help me with a sorta tutorial that I could follow. If I run into any trouble, I'll post up the error message(s) and perhaps things would be easier that way.

All your input would be most welcome and much appreciated.

Warm regards,
Sujeet

tazman20o0
11-26-2003, 02:49 PM
Did you by chance get your Cisco 350 card to work with kismet? If so, how did you accomplish this? I am also having difficulties.

Thanks

B

Shaba1
02-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Sujeet? I was wondering did you ever get that card working in knoppix. I just brought the same card last week and it works under windows but not knoppix.

tankd0g
02-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Folks,

I was wondering if we could dedicate a conversation thread entirely to the use of wireless network audit tools available off the Knoppix distribution.

I've read through most of the tips and pointers for getting Cisco Aironet cards into Monitor mode on this newsgroup, but they don't seem to have helped. I'm trying to start using Kismet and AirSnort with a Cisco Aironet 350 (PCMCIA). My other card is a Dell TrueMobile 1150 (PCMCIA), which most say is a rebadged Orinoco.

I've been unable to get either cards to work, and thereby unable to get Kismet and/or AirSnort to work.

Instead of me posting up the many and varied error messages I've been getting through the several unsuccessful attempts I've made, I was wondering if y'all could help me with a sorta tutorial that I could follow. If I run into any trouble, I'll post up the error message(s) and perhaps things would be easier that way.

All your input would be most welcome and much appreciated.

Warm regards,
Sujeet

I just had someone try a D-Link Air Pro DWL-AB650 on a Panasonic Toughbook for me and Knoppix does not even see it at startup. Are there drivers for this card that need to be added to the CD to get it to work?