PDA

View Full Version : What does the installer change.

rneff
10-22-2003, 02:18 PM
If i make a remaster that has some modified config files, when I do a hdd install with knoppix-installer will the config files that I have in my remaster be the ones installed, or will new ones be writted.

In other words, what EXACTLY does knoppix-installer do? And how can it be changed?

Superstoned
10-22-2003, 02:47 PM
I think you can reed the knoppix-installer script. but afaik, it just coppies the system as it runs partly in memory and as it is on cd, at the moment you run it. so that whould be the new filezzzzz....

Stephen
10-22-2003, 08:57 PM
If i make a remaster that has some modified config files, when I do a hdd install with knoppix-installer will the config files that I have in my remaster be the ones installed, or will new ones be writted.

In other words, what EXACTLY does knoppix-installer do? And how can it be changed?

I believe the config files that get installed on the HD come from the knx-templates-0.39.tgz file if your modifications are included in the proper files there they should be installed when the system is.

rickenbacherus
10-23-2003, 02:31 AM
When I do a remaster after chrooting into the uncompressed KNOPPIX file I get X windows started. It's alot easier to configure things from X. Anything you do while chrooted will in fact be carried over into the new KNOPPIX file that you compress. In fact- you will need to make sure you clean up before you leave. :)