PDA

View Full Version : trouble with remastering

Orion Pax
10-23-2003, 05:07 PM
i get every thing copied and when i try to chroot i get this

chroot: /bin/bash: No such file or directory

chroot /mnt/hda6/knx/source/KNOPPIX is my source directory but when i go there and make sure it is there I see "knoppix" in lower case instead of upper case and even changing that in the chroot command does help....???

rneff
10-23-2003, 07:52 PM
When you post questions you need to be very specific. There are several ways to do remasters.

When you say that you "get everything copied", what does that mean? You copied all of what from where to where?

Next.....chrooting is really just wait it says, changing the root path.

You want to be chrooting into a directory. This directory is what is going to be the root of your remaster. This directory is created by extracting the compressed filesystem from the iso image of the origianl knoppix.

Orion Pax
10-24-2003, 01:13 AM
I did everything it said on the remastering tutorial under the docs section....i copied the cd to /dev/hda6/knx/source and my master is at /dev/hda6/knx/master.......but all that info aint inportant...what i need is to know why chroot wont work....it says the directory dont exist but yet it is there.....what format does the partition have to be....ext3? fat....fat32? ntfs....right now its a fat32 file system....

every time i do a

chroot /mnt/hda6/knx/source/KNOPPIX

i get that error

Orion Pax
10-24-2003, 03:37 AM
Ok i figured it out....the partition HAS to be a EXT3 file system...in the tut on the docs page it doesnt say anything about that....

Orion Pax
10-24-2003, 04:42 AM
ok now that its working after i chroot and i mount my proc

mount -t proc /proc proc

i cant access the internet....my resolv.conf has the correct nameservers in it...is there anything else i need to change to configure my internet connection for my chrooted internet connection?

Orion Pax
10-24-2003, 05:05 AM
haha..figured it out...never mind....the /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf file was the one i needed to modify as well as the one in /etc/...