PDA

View Full Version : Kurumin News :-)

Carlos_E_Morimoto
01-29-2003, 10:41 AM
Greetings fron Brazil :-)

I'm with a base image of only 149 MB, with KDE, Konqueror, Kword, Kontour, acrobat reader, kmail, gftp, etc. and testing a release with KDE 3.1.

I also published a compreensive tutorial about Knoppix remastering with a lot of troubleshoting (brazilian portuguese):

http://www.guiadohardware.net/tutoriais/77/

Knoppix is a very easy and very powerfull plataform to develop all kinds of Linux solutions. I'm receiving a lot o feedback about this too projects, the major part fron people developing his own distributions. Very promissing :-)

01-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Greetings fron Brazil :-)

I'm with a base image of only 149 MB, with KDE, Konqueror, Kword, Kontour, acrobat reader, kmail, gftp, etc. and testing a release with KDE 3.1.

I also published a compreensive tutorial about Knoppix remastering with a lot of troubleshoting (brazilian portuguese):

http://www.guiadohardware.net/tutoriais/77/

Knoppix is a very easy and very powerfull plataform to develop all kinds of Linux solutions. I'm receiving a lot o feedback about this too projects, the major part fron people developing his own distributions. Very promissing :-)
Could not find this 149MB iso, just the 185MB. Do you have this iso with US language too?
TIA

John
01-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Curious, what size would this iso be without KDE and QT?

bhsx
01-30-2003, 07:05 AM
I'm downloading an iso right now. Is the iso marked rc3 the one with kde3.1? otherwise a direct link and an edit of the KnoppixCustomizations WiKi is in order. Great job, you are probably the first distribution on the planet shipping with KDE3.1.
Kudoz

Carlos_E_Morimoto
01-30-2003, 06:36 PM
No, this is my development version, the RC3 is old, still with 170 MB and KDE 3.04.

I will probably add more programs to complete 190 MB (mini-cds) and name this new version RC4.

It's dificult to update KDE on Knoppix, because you lost some configurations. I will need a lot more time to fix and test everthing ;-)