PDA

View Full Version : Linksys WPC11 PCMCIA not supported?

Gulliver
11-30-2002, 07:34 PM
Hi you all.

My Linksys WPC11 PCMCIA card is not recognised. The crdmgr says that is is not supported.
Everything works fine with an Avaya Silver.

Any suggestion?

Thanks, Gulliver

RickW
12-09-2002, 09:53 PM
I have my WPC11 card working in an IBM Thinkpad 770Z.

Here are some tips that may or may not be helpful:
- I am using the Dec 07, 2002 Knoppix release
- I have recently upgraded the firmware for the card. (see the linksys site)
- To get it running, I boot up with the card removed from the machine, then after the system comes up I edit the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.opts files so that they have the correct values for my setup (actually I repoint the link to different copies of these files on my HD.)
- Then I insert the card and it "just works"

I don't know if this will help or not, but this is what I did to get this working.

(One other note: From what I have read, there are some WPC11 cards (Version 2.7 IIRC), that use a different chipset, and may not work at all)

Gulliver
12-24-2002, 04:10 PM
Thanks RickW!

Indeed, using the latest version of Knoppix everything works fine.

Regards, Gulliver :D

johncarlson21
12-30-2002, 06:56 AM
I have a SAGER LAPTOP computer and I have the December 12 version of knoppix installed on the HD and I can't get my wireless card to configure... It sais that I need to upgrade from version 14 to 15 ....
I am going to try to get the pcmcia ops set but I would like someone to give me some ideas..
:evil:

roberto
01-04-2003, 06:07 AM
check out this url for this info... dont exactly know how much it will help but it is pretty specific...

http://www.linuxhq.com/ldp/howto/mini/Wireless-Link-sys-WPC11/index.html

lojiego
01-23-2003, 07:50 AM
hat exactly did you do to the network.ops file? i'm trying to egt it to work rigth now.. and i nkow i hav to disable something... but it's the second thing i'ev ever editintg in linux... so I'm nto sure wh at it is...

So far i've commented out the bottom part.. the onet hat says it's okto deleat if nto desired..