PDA

View Full Version : Need Modem Help in Knoppix 3.3 Cd

n2imxed
10-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Need to know how I can get my modem to work correctly using the knoppix 3.3v cd?I tried doing all the possible settings for the modem but none can detect the modem.Modem is a CTX Soft K56 Datafax Carp modem in my Sony Laptop Model PCG-FRV-25.Mostly I get modem busy when trying to access it though the modem setup.I also disabled the realtek ethernet nic on this machine thinking there might be a conflict or sharing problem as well. Any answers on this problem would be greatly appreciated.E-mail me at n2imxed@bluefrognet.net if you have a fix....and thanks.

mightydavefish
10-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Did you bother to check these forums before you asked? This question gets asked everyday and there are already a dozen posts with the same question in the Networking forum. Look there for answers.

Oh, ok. I'll be nice. Go to linmodems.org and see if they have a driver and instructions for you. You will probably have to compile the driver yourself.

I don't mean to sound harsh but nobody at this Knoppix forum ever bothers to LOOK before they ask.