PDA

View Full Version : MTRRs ?

dave52355
10-30-2003, 11:49 PM
What are mtrrs? dmesg say's I'm out after trying to load nvidia driver.

Can they be increased?

Also my onboard SIS 530 AGP has issues so I installed a new/used graphics card but the onboard graphics is still being detected. How can I stop the detection? I think its causing problems with the nvidia drivers.

Thanks

rickenbacherus
10-31-2003, 12:06 AM
What are mtrrs? dmesg say's I'm out after trying to load nvidia driver.

Memory Type Range Registers

Can they be increased?

/proc/mtrr is where you would adjust the MTRR's but that is not something to be toyed with trivially.

Also my onboard SIS 530 AGP has issues so I installed a new/used graphics card but the onboard graphics is still being detected. How can I stop the detection? I think its causing problems with the nvidia drivers.

Sure sounds like one and the same problem. Can you disable the onboard video in the BIOS? I would think that's your best bet.

dave52355
10-31-2003, 12:24 AM
No disable of on board. Only choice was to lower memory to minimum and boot up PCI first. Can the SIS AGP drivers be shutoff by command?

Thanks

BTW Use to play B-Ball back in Colorado Springs in the early 90's great town!

rickenbacherus
10-31-2003, 04:32 AM
No disable of on board. Only choice was to lower memory to minimum and boot up PCI first. Can the SIS AGP drivers be shutoff by command?

Is your nvidia card on the PCI bus? If so perhaps booting PCI first will do the trick. Could you post some hardware specs- maybe someone else has seen or dealt with this?

BTW Use to play B-Ball back in Colorado Springs in the early 90's great town!

A 14,000 ft mountain in my backyard, no humidity, hiking, biking, rafting, kayaking, skiing, snowbunnies, etc.- yeah I kinda like it here too. :)

dave52355
10-31-2003, 05:46 PM
The Nvidia boots first, Bios is set to boot PCI. It seems to be working I can run Tux Racer (half off the screen) but am unable to adjust screen resolution or amount of colors. Also when you do glxinfo it shows as a GForce 4 card. Just think the SIS onboard drivers are causing conflicts at this point.

Thanks

I lived in Estes Park back in the early 70's. That was a great town to.