PDA

View Full Version : updateing gaim

cowmamba
10-31-2003, 03:30 AM
yes i was wondering the eisyest way to update gaim because latly like within the last week i have been getting a protocal/proxy error when i sighnon to my msn account it just started doing it recently

i went to the gaim site and downloaded the new version but im haveing problems with it well installing and all any help on getting my gaim (current one) working with msn again or what thanks

im on koppix 3.2

stukennedyuk
10-31-2003, 10:04 AM
MSN changed the protocol recently. aMSN works, but you need the lastest version 0.83 I think. Give it a go!

Stu.....

champagnemojo
10-31-2003, 03:15 PM
Just download the mandrake rpm of the latest version (0.71 I think) and use alien to convert it to a deb file. It then installs with KPackage without any trouble...for me anyways. :)

cowmamba
10-31-2003, 07:28 PM
ok thanks ill give that a try then thanks again ;)

freeballer
11-01-2003, 01:00 AM
there are several repositories on www.apt-get.org which have the newest version of gaim debian package.
I've installed it fine

cowmamba
11-01-2003, 07:34 AM
i am in need of some help bad ok i downloaded aMsn and all and i also downloaded the tcl thing it tell's you you need (intruprater) to run the proggy or something

well i dono where do beging i mean i extracted them (on destop) and icant get no where i dono what to do any help thanks i would be great thanks

cowmamba
11-12-2003, 11:18 PM
im still confused and in need of help lol
i m not getting any where any one know or can help that would be great
also is it fixed in the new knoppix relese ? thank :?

arkaine23
11-13-2003, 12:36 AM
apt-get -t unstable install gaim

apt-get -t unstable install kopete

apt-get -t unstable install amsn

If unstable doesn't exist try testing instead.

cowmamba
11-13-2003, 01:04 AM
umm i dont understand is that the proggy i need to get or are they command's .

champagnemojo
11-13-2003, 07:13 AM
They're commands...paste them into the konsole window...it'll install them. The debian package for AYTTM has finally been updated now too...that's what i'm using right now. You should read a little about apt-get...it's something you're probably gonna want to use alot. It's not hard to get the hang of though. :)

arkaine23
11-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Those are commands for installing/updating 3 different program that should handle the latest msn protocol change. gami you're probably familiar with. Kopete is another multi-protocol chat program. Amsn is an msn clone.

Apt-get is not too hard to use, though I had some trouble with it at first.

First run:

apt-get update

Then run one or more of the commands I listed.

cowmamba
11-14-2003, 04:56 AM
ok thanks i DO NOT know why i asked a retarted question like that lol iknew they were the command's,

i was having a braing fart i suppose lol but yeah thanks and all
and ill try that apt-get out also thanks again