PDA

View Full Version : help PLEASE!

mark1221
11-01-2003, 07:49 PM
i just made a boot floppy for knoppix, it started bototing but it said that it can't find my knoppix file system! and i installed knoppix on my HDD 5 minutes ago! i'm having so many problems with it... (i have to mention i did this Lilo thingie too, and i partitioned my space into 3 parts, Winxp, knoppix, knoppix swap... and i can't see these partitions in "my computer" while i work on windows is it normal?)

Stephen
11-01-2003, 09:50 PM
i just made a boot floppy for knoppix, it started bototing but it said that it can't find my knoppix file system! and i installed knoppix on my HDD 5 minutes ago! i'm having so many problems with it... (i have to mention i did this Lilo thingie too, and i partitioned my space into 3 parts, Winxp, knoppix, knoppix swap... and i can't see these partitions in "my computer" while i work on windows is it normal?)

To answer the last question first windows will only see windows partitions it will not see the Linux partitions. To answer the other question we will need wome more information you mention LILO have you tried to boot using that, did you install it to the MBR or the / partition? What method of install did you use Debian or Knoppix? As many details as possible would be nice.