PDA

View Full Version : Ok got knoppix running, now i have a question..(not problem)

mark1221
11-02-2003, 03:18 PM
after an hard drive install
i am booting using GRUB and it works... phew took me a few days to figure it out... but now i have access to knoppix (the graphical interface) and nothing is working.. i mean the CD drive is not configured (no drivers) and the same for my floppy drive, my DSL modem needs drivers too and it can't recognize it... how do i get it to work?!
no here's THE problem.. i have some drivers on my WinxP partition (hda1)
and i need to get them to the other partition (hda5), but i can't, my floppy drive isn't configured (see above) and my cd drive isn't... i'm so close to using knoppix?!?!?!?!?!

P2C2E
11-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Try this:
Open the konsole and as "root" enter the command "mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1"
Now close the konsole and navigate to the directory "mnt". Open it and click on hda1. You should now be able to read your XP partition and move files over from XP after changing some permissions. NEVER write files TO your XP (ntfs) partition.

rickenbacherus
11-03-2003, 05:01 PM
after an hard drive install
i am booting using GRUB and it works... phew took me a few days to figure it out... but now i have access to knoppix (the graphical interface) and nothing is working.. i mean the CD drive is not configured (no drivers) and the same for my floppy drive, my DSL modem needs drivers too and it can't recognize it... how do i get it to work?!
no here's THE problem.. i have some drivers on my WinxP partition (hda1)
and i need to get them to the other partition (hda5), but i can't, my floppy drive isn't configured (see above) and my cd drive isn't... i'm so close to using knoppix?!?!?!?!?!

Your drives are likely working just fine. Your floppy is /dev/fd0 and your cdrom is probably /dev/scd0. You probably just need to mount them by hand.