PDA

View Full Version : Call me Crazy- my user and root and admin password dont work

dennison_b
11-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Okay, I am thinking I must be totally crazy. I have installed knoppix three times now (HDinstall according to the FAQ) and each time when all is said and done, when I boot into KDE (the debian login-screen, it's selected to automatically load) none of my logins or passwords work. I don't understand, I retyped everything and double checked everything and wrote it all down, but it still doesn't work. I have to selections on the side of the graphical login window, Knoppix User and Root. In Knoppix-installer I had a 'user' account also with a super simple password. But ever time I try to log-in, my log-in fails. What am I doing wrong? Did I install using some foreign language keyboard and now I'm screwed? Any ideas how I can get around this?

thanks, dennison

SuperDuper
11-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Go here follow the directions http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/debian-knoppix.html

mpeters13
11-07-2003, 05:04 AM
Great guide, but doesn't really pertain to the question at hand. I followed the guide and all is great up to creating the new user name. After creating the username, it tells me that i must immediately change my password... "root enforced.." so.. I change my password, but nothing happens. Any ideas?