PDA

View Full Version : Surreal CD burning problem

lazyant
11-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Hello,

I downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-10-28-DE. I have Roxio's Easy CD Creator Basic, and I just double-clicked the .iso file and the CD was burned without a problem or having to adjust any options. The CD booted fine.

The only problem is that by mistake I had downloaded the German version, so OK, I'll just repeat the operation with the English version. So I downloaded the SAME version/date of knoppix (same size, at least up to 698.10 MB) but the EN one.

First problem came when CD Creator refused to create the CD, it said "invalid .iso image file"). (By the way, the graphical MD5Sum interface from toast442.org just kept on crashing).

Then I downloaded ISO Recorder Power Toy. At first it said the media wasn't valid. I rebooted and this time it recognized the blank CD. It recorded the CD but now ... it doesn't boot !!

I give up, my computer hates English, I'll just learn German...

eltondx
11-03-2003, 07:49 PM
:?: I have a similar problem. I downloaded the iso but canīt burn it cause nero said it is oversized. 701MB! Do I need a 90 min CD?

Henk Poley
11-04-2003, 12:45 PM
I give up, my computer hates English, I'll just learn German...
Weird problem, but...

The only difference between the English and German Knoppix is the default lang=. So if you boot with (..press F2 and enter..) "knoppix lang=en" you have an English Knoppix.

horo
11-04-2003, 02:56 PM
"knoppix lang=en"

On the german keyboard the "=" Key is <SHIFT> 0 :wink:

Ciao Martin

mightydavefish
11-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Sounds like a bad .iso file to me. You may be able to use rsync and an rsync mirror of the image to repair your .iso.

lazyant
12-03-2003, 03:56 AM
it worked

thanks!