PDA

View Full Version : startup sound and no pic

cmo131
11-04-2003, 09:11 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a problem. When knoppix starts up, my monitors light turns orange and i can hear the lady voice, but i dont get anything on screen. how do i solve this?

I have a 2.0gh, 64mb agp graphics card, and 700mb ram. Do i need to change a setting in bios to allow me to start knoppix? :>

Thanx

Stephen
11-04-2003, 09:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a problem. When knoppix starts up, my monitors light turns orange and i can hear the lady voice, but i dont get anything on screen. how do i solve this?

I have a 2.0gh, 64mb agp graphics card, and 700mb ram. Do i need to change a setting in bios to allow me to start knoppix? :>

Thanx

You should try booting with knoppix noddc at the boot: prompt to prevent detection of the monitor a list of other cheat codes (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) you may need to try you can use more than one on the same line e.g. knoppix noddc noapm etc... .

cmo131
11-05-2003, 06:03 AM
thanx stephen. :)