PDA

View Full Version : boot problems

klik
11-04-2003, 11:43 PM
'morning

i have 32M ram. on booting knoppix, it runs smoothly until it gets to the autoconfiguring devices section. The green bar grows for a while, and then stops, and my system is completely dead, with the screen frozen. any ideas?

my theory is that if i made a swap partition somehow it would work ok. but i wasn't able to make knoppix detect the partition red hat 9 made on my system. (ie i don't know how to work with partition).
also, i've tried booting with no hardware detection and it hasn't worked. (i've tried many things)

*shrugs merrily, and goes back to his colouring*

julius.sagath.iv

Dave_Bechtel
11-05-2003, 08:15 AM
--What kind of cheatcodes did you try?
ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/knoppix-cheatcodes.txt

--If you already have a valid swap partition, knoppix will detect and activate it automatically. I have a feeling the problem lies somewhere else.

'morning

i have 32M ram. on booting knoppix, it runs smoothly until it gets to the autoconfiguring devices section. The green bar grows for a while, and then stops, and my system is completely dead, with the screen frozen. any ideas?

my theory is that if i made a swap partition somehow it would work ok. but i wasn't able to make knoppix detect the partition red hat 9 made on my system. (ie i don't know how to work with partition).
also, i've tried booting with no hardware detection and it hasn't worked. (i've tried many things)

*shrugs merrily, and goes back to his colouring*

julius.sagath.iv