PDA

View Full Version : Cinelerra? Anyone seen t working on Debian?

stukennedyuk
11-06-2003, 02:04 AM
I've tried a couple of times to install/run Cinelerra, one install was done with alien from an rpm package and the second from a debian package (well, packages). In both cases, it hangs near the end of the progress bar in the splash screen at 'Initializing GUI'

So, the simple question first..... Has anyone seen it/got it working on Knoppix/Debian from the harddisk? - Which version was successful?

and..... has anyone see it fail at that same point and any ideas what could be the problem?

I don't really need a complex NLE, but do need simple transitions, titles and audio dubbing. Anyone have a work-around to get Kino to do this?

(I haven't listed all of the versions or my setup, it hardly seems worth it until a simple yes/no answer comes back!).

Cheers, Stuart.....

stukennedyuk
11-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Ah. It is possible to make simple (static) titles on Kino, just create a jpeg image showing the desired title and go to the 'fx' tab - 'frame' - 'create' and select the pull-down 'create from file' - from here you can import the image and specify how many frame to show it for (25frames=1 second).

I think audio effects are possible too. Stu.....