PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix sources.list and Remaster Repository

bhsx
01-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Other threads have mentioned the need for a unified public repository for all the knoppix remasters, and I couldn't agree with them more. I good start, however, would simply be to make sure that when you remaster, you add your ISO's URL and a brief explanation to the KnoppixCustomizations WiKi. This will enable anyone to grab all the ISOs and mirror them in one location.

To me, a bigger necessity would be a reliable deb mirror and sources.list so that we can all remaster Knoppix with apt-get without having to deal with all the broken packages. I assume these breaks happen because of the mixture of stable, unstable and testing; but is it possible to get one deb entry in sources.list that will take all of those into account? Does anyone have a local deb mirror that works reliably for remastering that they would be willing to share with us? Is this even possible, or is the basturdization of all three feeds too much for even a hand-taylored mirror to cope with?

MichielioZ
02-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Before I started remastering using Synaptic (graphical interface for apt-get) I just did a apt-setup ...
Apt-setup is really easy (don't know why I didn't see this before in the forum...).
It lets you add official mirrors to the sources.list as well as manually enter new mirrors.
Hope this helps...