PDA

View Full Version : yet another noob question

mstlyharmlss
11-08-2003, 07:38 PM
i have a toshiba satelite running XP professional, and have no way of accessing my BIOS during startup. i tried every F key and escape, and dont have any clue how to open up my options to boot from CD. I do not have a floppy drive which it would boot from by default, just my CD Drive.

I downloaded the smart startup manager referenced in the FAQ and dont have the slightest clue as to how i run that, either.

thanks for your help!

Stephen
11-08-2003, 08:27 PM
i have a toshiba satelite running XP professional, and have no way of accessing my BIOS during startup. i tried every F key and escape, and dont have any clue how to open up my options to boot from CD. I do not have a floppy drive which it would boot from by default, just my CD Drive.

I downloaded the smart startup manager referenced in the FAQ and dont have the slightest clue as to how i run that, either.

thanks for your help!

I believe that you have to hit the ESC key just at boot then the F1 to get into the BIOS. BTW this should be in the owners manual.

mstlyharmlss
11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
i think i solved my own problem- f2 gives you some small icons with a selector bar, which you move with arrow keys... you can select the drive to boot from this way.
i did look it up in the 'user manual' which is really just a sorry excuse to include a piece of paper with the toshiba 800 number on it, and basically tell you where the 'on' button is.