PDA

View Full Version : Konqueror automatically starts after hdinstall

Kam
11-10-2003, 02:43 PM
Hi

I did the customization with Knoppix 3.3, and changed the desktop settings by copying /home/knoppix/.kde/ Directory into /mnt/hdax/knx/source/KNOPPIX/etc/skel/.kde/. All things goes fine looks OK when boot from customized ISO image. I did "knx-hdinstall" from my customized ISO and rebooted the machine. But when I loged in, it starts Konqueror automatically still in the HD Installed knoppix. And seeking index.html from /cdrom/index.html Just like it starts and seeks html page in live-cd image.

Please someone help, that where can I find this setting and how to disable this before fresh customization.

Thanks in Advance.

rickenbacherus
11-10-2003, 03:49 PM
You'll need to edit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession

Comment or remove the following:

if [ -e "$INDEXFILE" ]; then
cat >> $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop <<EOF
[Desktop Entry]
Name=KNOPPIX
Exec=kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing $INDEXFILE
Type=Application
Icon=html
Terminal=0
EOF
ln $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop $HOME/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop
fi

Kam
11-10-2003, 06:14 PM
Hi Thanks for your suggession. But there is no file named '45xsession' in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/.

There is only 5 files named below

20xfree86-common_process-args
50xfree86-common_determine-startup
99xfree86-common_start
30xfree86-common_xresources
90xfree86-common_ssh-agent

regards.

L2Cache
11-11-2003, 06:01 AM
I use a custom autostart folder so that Konqueror doesn't launch every time I start Knoppix: Right click on the desktop, click configure desktop, then paths, to make the change. I use: /home/knoppix/autostart. Then move showindex.desktop out of the folder so it won't open at startup.

Kam
11-11-2003, 02:35 PM
Thanks for your hint. I removed the linked page from # rm /etc/skel/.kde/autostart/index.html
and it stopped now.

Thanks again for both of you.

regards