PDA

View Full Version : knoppix 3.2 Monitor sleep on start up?

Gohan71964
11-15-2003, 02:53 AM
When i boot knoppix after the black screen and it scans for memory and stuff it will put my computer on sleep mode and when i turn it back on it is frozein but when load knpx on a p4 at my school yea a dell it will do the same thing but the computer does not have away to get it out of sleep mode I can't figure out how to fix this some one please help me

bongski55
11-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Try at boot prompt:fb1024x768

Gohan71964
11-16-2003, 10:38 PM
thanks that did the trick it worked finebut i have another question now how do i do that and make knoppix come up in english and the woman that talks and says initating startup sequence i don't here her say that or the shutdown voice either and it Really lagy too Oh also when i click on a program like mozilla it will have the loading icon in the systray but mozilla never comes up and only 1 time out of like 10 i got it up and it wouldn't load a webpage and i couldn't read what it said when i gave me an error because it was in German Please Help again

Stephen
11-16-2003, 11:50 PM
thanks that did the trick it worked finebut i have another question now how do i do that and make knoppix come up in english and the woman that talks and says initating startup sequence i don't here her say that or the shutdown voice either and it Really lagy too Oh also when i click on a program like mozilla it will have the loading icon in the systray but mozilla never comes up and only 1 time out of like 10 i got it up and it wouldn't load a webpage and i couldn't read what it said when i gave me an error because it was in German Please Help again

Looks like you have downloaded the german iso try adding lang=us to the boot: cheat code and for the sound try adding alsa so the complete boot options would be fb1024x768 lang=us alsa a cheat code (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) page for other options you may want to try.