02-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Changes for knx-hdinstall 0.38 (2003/01/30):

* vga=... in lilo.conf is taken from Knoppix boot command line
* Change FirstLogin=false to FirstLogin=true in
.kde/share/config/kpersonalizerrc
* Use dialog/chpasswd for setting passwords
* Create service symlinks also for /etc/rc[234].d
* Enable DMA for all hard disks in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
(commented out when boot parameter "nodma" is set)
* Swedish language support

Get it from http://www.itm.tu-clausthal.de/~perle/knx/

SideWynder
02-11-2003, 08:43 PM
I can't seem to connect to the site to download 0.38 (perhaps their server is down). Does anyone know of a mirror site with the latest knx-hdinstall?

Thanks,
SW
:roll:

Ian Tindale
02-12-2003, 07:09 PM
Having a problem with the combination of knx-hdinstall 0.38 and KnoppixKDE which I've just burned. Not sure which one the problem lies with.

I've downloaded knx-hdinstall, uncompressed it to home. When I run it as root, I get a dialogue box in what appears to be probably German (but definitely isn't English) with an 'OK' button on it, then another dialogue box in what appears to be probably German (but definitely isn't English) with an 'OK' button on it, then nothing more happens - that's it.

Anyone encountered this? I'm booting with knoppix lang=gb wheelmouse floppyconfig or alternatively knoppix lang=en wheelmouse floppyconfig and both give me this. I suspect it's a language related thing.[/b]

eadz
02-13-2003, 01:51 AM
This may be obious but I'll just check...

When you ran it did you do
$ knx-hdinstall
or
$ ./knx-hdinstall

becasue $HOME isn't in your path, you may be running the old version..

klm
02-13-2003, 02:16 AM
Try to use "lang=us"!!!

Ian Tindale
02-13-2003, 11:02 AM
lang=us ? why would I want to use a foreign language? I want to use English. I don't want all my words spelled 'potatoe'.

Ian Tindale
02-13-2003, 11:12 AM
Yes - it's the dot and the forward slash! That's the solution. Cheers. Without, it's two dialogue boxes of German, with dot and forward slash, it's in English and it goes somewhere. Nice one. Thanks.

Noticed that it proclaimed the initiation of cfdisk was about to happen, but it seemed to just jump right past that, having found suitable partitioning already there (although it doesn't go for xfs filesystem (kernel not up to it) (so I selected ReiserFS)). All seems happy so far - it's chundering away doing the HD install at present.

eadz
02-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Yes - it's the dot and the forward slash! That's the solution. Cheers. Without, it's two dialogue boxes of German, with dot and forward slash, it's in English and it goes somewhere. Nice one. Thanks.

Yeah.. I should add that to the docs..
The ironic thing, is that Im posting these instructions on how to install knoppixkde on this server which now runs on a HD install of KnoppixKDE :lol:

Ian Tindale
02-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Didn't work out. The install appeared to go smoothly, but on power up the new system stopped at a kernel panic and froze. Odd. (same with floppy boot - no go). Also, incidentally, unlike the knx-hdinstall on the 01/20/2003 Knoppix CD, the combination of KnoppixKDE and kdx-hdinstall 0.38 doesn't give me a dual-boot situation by default. Also odd. Oh well.