PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having Wine problems under 2.6.0-test9?

katsushiro
11-20-2003, 04:18 AM
Hey all.. been having an interesting week testing 2.6.0-test9, rejiggering my system with some help from the fine folks of this forum to get almost everything working again. It's been a bit of a hassle, but the upgrade in responsiveness on the system in general has been worth it. I've ironed out almost all the wrinkles (playing around with the non-SCSI-emulation CDROM drivers, getting K3B working with them, trying to figure out how to get it to automagically recognize and initialize both my USB mouse and my Zaurus (no luck on those last two yet, for the mouse I have to go 'sudo modprobe uhci_hcd' in a terminal windowor else I have no mouse, and connection to the Zaurus has been hit-or-miss.. sometimes it works, sometimes no)).

Anyway, my main question is, I had a couple of simple Windows apps that I'd been running pretty well with Wine before the upgrade to 2.6.0-test9.. and now after the upgrade I can't seem to run them, they crap out with an error message. Anyone else having trouble with Wine after their upgrade to 2.6.0-test9? Just to see if it's just something weird in my case or it's a general 2.6.0-test9 incompatibility thing.

Also, having horrid luck compiling any sort of KDE app, keeps complainign about not having 'lXinerama_pics'.. but from what I've been able to find out, it's more of a Knoppix problem than a kernel problem. Want to compile the latest Kopete, with the MSN fix, but been unable to do so.. thankfully I've been making do with GAIM, but I've grown fond of Kopete. If anyone's got any tips on that too, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can render.

katsushiro
11-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Just adding a quick note: I got my hands on Crossover Office, and tested out the same app with it, and it performed flawlessly.. the problem seems to be wityh the stock Wine install. I might try later recompiling it and maybe digging out one of my old Win98SE discs to create a full FakeWindows drive somewhere and see how that helps compatibility. Anyway, to recap: Crossover Office seems to work fine for me under 2.6.0-test9, classic Wine doesn't.