PDA

View Full Version : westell Modem duel connect in usb not working..

Troym
11-21-2003, 02:55 PM
Hi, Im new to this modem and I have only used knoppix a few times.. When I start I see that it says something about hotplug usb ok but my modems usb light never lights up. When I look at the usb viewer it says usb westell wirespeed modem this text is red and it shows my sidewinder force feedback wheel in black. When I go to the dsl/pppoe tool It dont show my modem. I hit no and looked in there but I cant find a module for the modem. Would someone know what I need to do Im really lost.. Thanks

I got some more info when I boot i see this after the hotplug is enabled
auto config devices insmod: a module named acm already exist
insmod/lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/usb/acm.0 failed
insmod acm failed :shock:

I just ripped out the lan card and old 56 modem and unhooked all usb devices with just the dsl modem and I went to pppoe connection setup and nothing was there( said it cant find the network card).. So what do I need to load this and tell it thats it connects useing the usb not the network card? it shows the modem in usb viewer with all the correct info but its in red. Also the above acm problem is still there..

Yes Ive read the documentation on this site..

Troym
11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Thanks for all the help :( .. I never did get it to work in usb..
Here is a cheap fix for others.. Get a second network card and plug the modem into it and everything will work fine..