PDA

View Full Version : I need to remove eth0 and add xdsl.. But How Please help...

Troym
11-22-2003, 12:07 AM
I get this on boot up
auto config devices insmod: a module named acm already exist
insmod/lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/usb/acm.0 failed
insmod acm failed.
I cant get my modem to work its a duel connect westell wirespeed its hooked into a usb port not the network card and the pppoe config wants to use the network card to connect is there a way to use the modem like this? The modem usb light is not on but in the tool usb view it shows the modem in red text, when you click it all the info is correct..

I just downloaded this version dated 11-14

More info in another post http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28442#28442

Troym
11-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Someone has to know something..
I saw on another linux forum my problem but I cant find a way to do it in knoppix. This is what it says to do

I'm using my phone co's adsl service also, and also using Westell Wirespeed w/RH9 you don't need any software to run it. just go to Main Menu-> System Tools-> Network Device Control, if that eht0 is what you have set up delete it. Click add under service pick xdsl and give it all you logon info and anything else you have after that click activate and run a browser.

My pppoe set up has the eht0 and thats my home network not the internet connection.. Anyone please tell me how to do this in knoppix..