PDA

View Full Version : Mounting SMBFS under Knoppix 2 cheat code

Wrfl-icon
11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
How come mounting a windows share under text mode does not work but the default xwindows cheat code works fine?

sample command:
mount -t smbfs //10.1.1.3/share /mnt/win

I have IP address, permissions and /mnt/win made already.

Does it have to do the rc.X startup scripts?

I get after putting in the password:
437: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

arkaine23
11-25-2003, 04:56 AM
put a "-o username=knoppix" at the end of that command without quotes, and create the user knoppix on the windows machine with the same password as user knoppix on the knoppix machine, and rights to access the share. Have to create a samba user also that uses that password I think. At least that's how I got samba mounting work.

I hardcoded overclockix to share its home and its whole filesystem, but that only works if you hdd-install it. For mounting windows partitions I made a sheel script called mountnetdrive.

Useage of it is:

sudo mountnetdrive [unique character] [host] [share] knoppix
then enter knoppix's password

The unique character is appended to the default mount point. Ie if you used "1", then the share would be mounted to /mnt/netdrive1

Wrfl-icon
11-25-2003, 05:48 PM
I was accessing the Windows box with a local account, so Samba (hardcoded my domain in the remastering of the www.damnsmalllinux.org CD, installing smbfs) was thinking it was in my domain which it wasn't and i was getting the permision error.

so

mount -t smbfs //windowspcipaddresshere/share /mnt/win -o username=myusername,domain=mydomain

get asked for pass and it works.

Wrfl-icon
11-25-2003, 10:38 PM
remove the domain part

,domain=mydomain