PDA

View Full Version : Missing .h's configuring a soundcard

bureado
11-25-2003, 06:11 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm using Knoppix 3.3 on a HP Pavilion box. Everything is working fine, I've just installed Nvidia drivers and box is running pretty well. Nevertheless, I can't get the soundcard working. I've made research and I've found that in this HP Pavilion box there's a ROCKWELL HSF MODEM (now Conexant HSF Modem) with builtin sound. Despite the fact that there's very unuseful to have a PCI modem with sound if the computer comes with a cable modem, I've downloaded and installed the HSF Driver (after fully identifying the modem type) in a DEB package from the Linuxant webpage (www.linuxant.com)

Next step is to install the RIPTIDE audio drivers for getting the thing working; in the installation (this is not a package, is a source tar.gz with installer) it asks for the source build directory (looks like /lib/modules... or so) and fails. Reading logs, I've found the following:

rm -f *.o *.a
* compiling (gcc-2.95) int_mdl.c
* compiling (gcc-2.95) rp_cmdif.c
* compiling (gcc-2.95) linux.c
> linking kernel module riptideint.o

* compiling (gcc-2.95) rt_mdl.c
rt_mdl.c:55: ../drivers/sound/sound_config.h: No such file or directory
rt_mdl.c:56: ../drivers/sound/opl3.h: No such file or directory
rt_mdl.c:58: ../drivers/sound/mpu401.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [rt_mdl.o] Error 1

Seems that this three headers are not in the system... Maybe the problem is that installation didn't detect the soundcard (actually it did but maybe didn't found the drivers) and didn't copy those headers. My question is, of course, where are those files? where can I found them?

I've heard about installing the Soundblaster Live! driver to get that working, but seems completely loonie to me (not a Linux guru, but at least...); finally, I promise to make a HOWTO about this fact if I get the thing working q:)

Greetings,
Jose M (from Caracas, Venezuela)