PDA

View Full Version : DVD knoppix ISO

huwnet
11-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Is there a knoppix DVD iso file?

cchuang
11-25-2003, 10:54 PM
A new variant knoppix is made by extending LiveZope, adding LAMP, rebuiding GNOME2, and acroread5.08 with asian fonts. Then DVD iso is created.

Wackjabbit
01-09-2004, 04:21 PM
the question should be.....

Is there a DVD .iso available for download from anywhere?

If so, where can we download the DVD .iso from?

threeninja400
02-09-2004, 02:27 AM
Where can I get the DVD iso from?

Please send me info.

Thanks.

deadpan_burke
02-20-2004, 05:04 AM
I have a freind who wants to put together an emulator collection and a slew of roms on a DVD. But he's as clueless with Linux as he is with a particle accellerator. (I keep telling him to RTFM, but those P-A manails are pretty thick)

I'm still learning how to use Knoppix, and wether or not I can put together Distros in WinXP.

resistance
03-24-2004, 10:13 AM
hi i have 3.2 dvd in hands; but my pc is turned off waiting the new 3.4(2.6.3) to revival... i'm using my wilfe's windows pc right now!
then i can make a iso & share if wanted!
DVD from japanese magazine, default lang=jp, US still there.... 8)

Ashmaster
06-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Is it posible to split the DVD on to morethat one cd?

jyu613
10-27-2004, 05:21 PM
can anyone of you tell me where i can download the knoppix 3.7 english version? I would like to know. Can you tell me the link or place i can get it at if there is one? It has to be knoppix 3.7 dvd english version customized

jyu613
10-27-2004, 05:28 PM
if i burn the knoppix version of knoppix 3.7 when i get it can i mount it has a image and run the windows from deamo let me know

GreyGeek
01-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Knoppix 3.7 is a compressed iso containing about 1.8GB of data.

Imagine what a DVD could hold! Say, 12GB. Wow! It would take several times the work of a CDROM version.

A few weeks ago I entertained the idea of installing Sarge by downloading all 15 of the iso. I now have that set of CDs setting on my book shelf because Knoppix is a lot easier way to get a Debian distro. It may not be "exactly" like a Sarge install, but apt-get and KPackage work beautifully so I won't complain. After a few upgrades I doubt if anyone will be able to tell the difference.

lilsirecho
01-05-2005, 04:23 AM
A knoppixDVD has been provided for download and is referenced elsewhere in the forums.

Please be aware that the amount of program material available on a DVD is limited to approximately 5GB due to DVD filesize limits.

Perhaps the new Blue Ray DVD system will enable greater than 5GB...perhaps!!!!

Klik allows additional applications to be added to particular Knoppix downloads which have been preset for Klik.

Klik is described in the last forum.

No one has a 12GB DVD with only a Knoppix Live DVD burn.

mcdc
04-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Well I hope dual layer (8.5GB) will be cheaper soon.

Harry Kuhman
04-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Well I hope dual layer (8.5GB) will be cheaper soon.
I have a dual layer burner. I expect that I'll never see dual layer media at a reasonable price. Lots of people predict that the prive of DL media will come down, but a lot of people predicted that 24x cdrw media would come down in price too, but it never happened. Instead cdrw media faster than 4x has not come down in price and in fact has become harder and harder to find. I expect the same for dl dvd media. The price is being held unreasonably high and I do not expect this to change. I'll likely have blue-ray or other higher density technology long before I'm ever willing to pay the asking price of DL media.

pro-logic
06-29-2005, 03:01 AM
So did anybody end up finding a place to download the DVD-iso?

It doesnt have to be a server. i would be conntent with BT but would preffere a EDK link if somone can post it.

To knoppix ppl... if your using BT to distrubutre knoppix consiter using EDK as well as its just as good :)

Thank!

UnderScore
06-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Knoppix 4.0 DVD ISO released wednesday last week. Available by bittorrent http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=86985#86985