PDA

View Full Version : and another no boot problem

BradC
11-26-2003, 04:22 AM
Ive burned Knoppix to a cd and it works fine on other peoples computers. But when I try to boot it on mine, it just hangs at the point where it says "configuring periferals" where that little wrench is blinking. To give further background to this problem, I also had a friend install Mandrake linux on my comp in a second harddrive(I currently have that hd shut down), and it would also hang when booting at one of the configuration steps, but it would boot up fine when I would take my computer to someone elses house. So I have people telling me its a network card problem or something. So when I tried to run Knoppix again, I unplugged all my periferal connections including my network connection to my outboard cable modem, and it still wont boot. I appreciate any help that can be offered on this problem, thanks.

JohnR
11-26-2003, 05:30 AM
When you boot up, do you show errors in the sequence ? Also is your copy 500+ meg or 700+meg ? I have the same prob but i only got 500+meg of the file (should be over 700 according to the download sites) .

BradC
11-27-2003, 01:03 AM
When you boot up, do you show errors in the sequence ? Also is your copy 500+ meg or 700+meg ? I have the same prob but i only got 500+meg of the file (should be over 700 according to the download sites) .

I dont show any errors, it just hangs at the part where it says "loading periferals" where the little wrench icon is blinking and doesnt continue. And I got the full 700 mb Knoppix cd.

L2Cache
11-27-2003, 07:27 AM
You could try cheat codes like maybe: failsafe
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes