PDA

View Full Version : KNOPPIX installation from a remote machine

yunierkis
11-28-2003, 03:54 AM
I whish like to know is there is some way to install KNOPPIX from a remote machine. The two machines are inside a LAN and nevertheless i have the KNOPPIX CD the machine i want to install can't read the CD. Is'nt possible get a new CD drive.

stonent
11-28-2003, 06:36 AM
Swap CD-Roms or swap HDs :lol:

garyng
11-28-2003, 08:55 AM
Can't you just copy \KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX from the CD to c:\ and make a boot floppy ?

As far as I understand, you need to boot into KNOPPIX to install it and the above method would boot KNOPPIX.

An alternative way would be to start KNOPPIX on one machine(the one you can boot with the CD-ROM) and start the terminal server then remote boot on the other machine, either using floppy or may be bootp/PXE(?)

yunierkis
12-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Now I think my question was a little stupid. I copied the CD in a windows partition and created a boot floppy using the rawrite program aviable in the CD and when I reboot the machine I could finally install KNOPPIX.

Thanks

yunierkis
12-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Now I think my question was a little stupid. I copied the CD in a windows partition and created a boot floppy using the rawrite program aviable in the CD and when I reboot the machine I could finally install KNOPPIX.

Thanks