PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble....

Enigma13
12-02-2003, 05:20 AM
Well, I booted from the CD and I got a few errors while Knoppox was starting. Eventually it went through the init process and started to load what looked like a desktop. Most of my greey was gray with a crosshair mouse, only a small piece of the top was blue. Nothing happened for a few minutes so I rebooted. Now I got cloop errors and the init process failed. Any suggestions?

AIM: Enigma13SN

alexlawrow
12-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Well, I booted from the CD and I got a few errors while Knoppox was starting. Eventually it went through the init process and started to load what looked like a desktop. Most of my greey was gray with a crosshair mouse, only a small piece of the top was blue. Nothing happened for a few minutes so I rebooted. Now I got cloop errors and the init process failed. Any suggestions?

AIM: Enigma13SN

It sounds like the image burned to CD has errors (or you have a faulty CD drive). If you have not done so already, type in the following at the bootprompt

knoppix testcd

This will check the image on the CD. If it doesn't complain about anything(i.e. no messsages in red text) then I'm not sure what the problem is.