PDA

View Full Version : "modprobe ppa" before "home=scan" ??

Pokec
12-06-2003, 04:40 AM
Heya! I'd like to use my 100MB parallel Zip Drive as a way of storing config files and home dir. I'm unable to load the files using "home=scan" (or any other cheat code), since I'm required to run the module "modprobe ppa" in order to make the drive usable. Being a total n00b, I've no idea if there is any way of passing the module to Knoppix before doing home-scan, that's why I'm hoping to get some info here. Thanks. Great forum, BTW! :)

Stephen
12-06-2003, 05:04 AM
Heya! I'd like to use my 100MB parallel Zip Drive as a way of storing config files and home dir. I'm unable to load the files using "home=scan" (or any other cheat code), since I'm required to run the module "modprobe ppa" in order to make the drive usable. Being a total n00b, I've no idea if there is any way of passing the module to Knoppix before doing home-scan, that's why I'm hoping to get some info here. Thanks. Great forum, BTW! :)

There is a new cheat code (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) modules-disk which should allow you to copy the module to a floppy and try to load it at boot.

Pokec
12-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Thanks for info, Stephen!