PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a copy of 3.2?

jims
12-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Okay, I am new. I downloaded a copy of 3.2 before I understood md5sums. It was flawed, ran imperfectly, but did run. When I finally got the md5sum thing figured out- 3.3 had been released. It will not run. I get a grey screen. It never makes it to the boot prompt. I have no idea what to do to straighten out things when I can't get even to the boot prompt.
Knoppix 3.2 MB 11b Privacy Edition runs, but has no install feature and no provision for access to the hd. That is intended solely as a CD distribution, so I assume that if I had 3.2 I could install Knoppix.

The machine is a Packard Bell, 300Mhz Cyrix processor, 256MB memory

Stephen
12-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Okay, I am new. I downloaded a copy of 3.2 before I understood md5sums. It was flawed, ran imperfectly, but did run. When I finally got the md5sum thing figured out- 3.3 had been released. It will not run. I get a grey screen. It never makes it to the boot prompt. I have no idea what to do to straighten out things when I can't get even to the boot prompt.
Knoppix 3.2 MB 11b Privacy Edition runs, but has no install feature and no provision for access to the hd. That is intended solely as a CD distribution, so I assume that if I had 3.2 I could install Knoppix.

The machine is a Packard Bell, 300Mhz Cyrix processor, 256MB memory

You can try here (http://ftp.uconn.edu/unix/linux/knoppix/).