PDA

View Full Version : VPC and saving settings on Virtual HD

Nyle
12-08-2003, 09:02 AM
I boot from the knoppix 3.3 iso, inside Virtual PC 5.2. Everything goes perfect. I get to the KDE desktop. Now I have a Virtual HD 256 MB. It was meant only to store temporary files, home directory, and Live CD settings for future boot ups.

I am able to work in the KDE desktop, use any app, everything works fine. Now to the Problem I am having. I have an NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 card. Sony CPD G220 Monitor. Those are both listed under card/monitor lists. The KDE desktop is in 8 bit color. I modify the settings so that it has the correct card/monitor. I also set it up to run in 1024x786 @ 24b.
I save the settings on /dev/hda1, which is an ext2 fs partition. I have created a home directory on /hda1. I have saved all my settings to it, as well as the default 30 MB Image of the home directory. To make it short, I have saved my settings without a problem. I can see the files on the disk.

Now I reboot for the changes to take effect. I type on Boot: knoppix myconfig=scan knoppix home=scan, and during the boot process it tells me of my video configuration it is using, and guess what, my settings don't get loaded. I tried saving on a floppy as well, no luck. What am I doing wrong. VPC works fine and Knoppix works fine except for this problem. When the KDE Desktop loads, it is again, in 8 bit color with a small resolution.

I could definitely use some help on the matter. Why do my settings not load. I so far have tried
knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda1
knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda1
knoppix myconfig=scan

Please help me make it work.
Thank you for reading this far. :)

exiva
12-08-2003, 07:55 PM
format the harddrive virual pc created, with ext3 or fat32 and then itll work