PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ADSL

katolo
02-05-2003, 01:55 AM
can't configure my KNOPPIX to work with ADSL. I have to network cards, one for the INET and one used as a gateway router. When I run the ADSL/PPPoE Config. Tool I get this error message:

"Sorry, I scanned 2 interface(s), but Acess concentrator of your provider
did not respond. Please check your network and modem cables. Another
reason for the scan failure may also be another running pppoe process which controls the modem."

I live in sweden an my ISP is Telia.

I also tried to run the Network Scan program (or what ever)... I use it on both NIC and It asks me if I want to use DHCP broadcast and I pressed yes. After approx one minutes I get a failure message that says something like can't connect to something.. bla... bla ... bla

So could someone help me fix my crapy Connection...

BTW I run KNOPPIX from cd, and not from HD and my HD partion is NTFS (if that helps). My Modem is a Alcatel.

Pascal
02-05-2003, 09:34 PM
Hi Katolo,

I seem to have the same problem.
I also run Knoppix from CD and have an Alcatel ADSL-modem.
Knoppix detects my LAN/ethernet-connection but Knoppix seems to get no response when i'll try to connect with the net.

I get the same message.

So, is there somebody out there who can help us....PLEASE...calling all stars and spaceships in the neighbourhood!!!!!!!!

Pascal

PS Knoppix looks great but why the ^$#^#$%^#$^%$%$ won't inet work!!!!!

aleejooo
02-18-2003, 02:32 AM
I'm having the same problem here, the only thing different is I use a SpeedStream 5260 ADSL modem
:roll: :roll: :roll:

kallstrom_74
08-16-2003, 05:45 PM
i also use telia and i use a nokia mp5121 modem...same thing here...please help!! i wanna try internet with knoppix!

6evil9
08-21-2003, 03:08 AM
Should i join u guys and say i cant manage adsl as well so far...?

but it seems like noone replying! :(

earl92
08-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Hi there,

There's so many of us, by now we should be able to start our own usb-adsl-modem-not-working-on-linux community hahahaha. No seriously, I'm having the same problem. Try this link and you may be able to get it working. It's intended for alcatel, but seems to be pretty generic.

Ciao.

earl92
08-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Well...
forgot to post the link. Here it is.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/speedtouch/speedtouch/doc-linux/howto/SpeedTouch-HOWTO-en.html?rev=1.3#drivers

LennartII
10-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Tjena,

Har samma problem. Testat Suse, RedHat, Knoppix, Elx, Mandrake och antagligen några andr som jag har förträngt, och samma eländes elände v.g. internet utom Suse. Där är det i stort sett bara att configurera kortet (om ens det) och köra. MEN, nu läste jag häromfdagen om en kille som hade lyckats att uppgradera sin Nokia MP5121 till en Zyxel Prestige 642 (som Nokian egentligen verkar vara) och laddat in tillbehörande firmware. Sedan har man helt plötsligt en hel massa med inställningsmöjligheter som KANSKE kan förenkla inloggningsprocessen. Jag har lyckats med uppgraderingen (det vill säga att ni kommer också att lyckas med det), men har än så länge inte kunnat testa alla inställningar än och det kommer nog dröja ett tag innan jag kommer nå'n vart med Linux alltså här är länken och lyckas ni med nå't bra hör gärna av er!
http://woopheer.mine.nu/~lunde/other/docs/nokia.pdf

raduen
10-20-2003, 07:59 PM
I'm a newbie 2 knoppix.
i'm tried everthing even this link;
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/speedtouch/speedtouch/doc-linux/howto/SpeedTouch-HOWTO-en.html?rev=1.3#drivers

I tried a GUI installer on the forum.
But stil nothing, when i want to connect to then internet the DSL led turns orange.

I did everthing even pppd call adsl but still no connection, only organe dsl led.

I have knoppix 2003-09-24.

Please help help help help...

jurijr
10-27-2003, 08:28 PM
It's the same on my PC , my modem dont have a swicht to open it and put it in stand-by. Anyway its possible that the drivers ADSL couldnt be recognized by Knoppyx because it knows only a Linux Based Programming Code, the same behaviour happens when we put a CD-ROM with a Win program we could open everything but the executive needs an application to start is not
a self-extractor like in windows, is defined by knoppix as a "Windows app.".
The modem probably suffer of the same problem .

A friend of mine today put knoppix in his PC , he have an Apple G3 Notebook
He use Virtual PC to emulate Windows 98 oem under OS:9.2 MAC.
So .. under the Win Emulator he use knoppix ...but the strangest thing is that his modem an ethernet adsl mdm , working correctly from the first booting.
He didnt connect by the Modem Connection , simply by opening the browser Mozilla the starting page was fully loaded as a classic ADSL
under Win or even better ...mah .

I have an Acces Media Fastrate USB 100 when i boot knoppix my usb is detected by hotplug , but not the modem ,it didnt have any led on , before during and after the boot sequence, is like a dead modem .

But this situation happens even if I blocked the PC and I must use the Reset ( cutting off the electric current) button .
I must reinstall all the drivers (mdm, adsl)

Well I hope that this post could help someone and please HEEELP mee tooo

Bye bye

:idea:

Legolas
02-13-2004, 04:21 PM
can't configure my KNOPPIX to work with ADSL. I have to network cards, one for the INET and one used as a gateway router. When I run the ADSL/PPPoE Config. Tool I get this error message:

"Sorry, I scanned 2 interface(s), but Acess concentrator of your provider
did not respond. Please check your network and modem cables. Another
reason for the scan failure may also be another running pppoe process which controls the modem."

I got the same exact message.
My modem is a NEC GreatSpeed.
I am desperate, I don't know what to do. :roll:

MaxAD
02-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Tjena
Jag har ochså mixtrat med mitt Nokia modem men jag kommer inte ut på internet längre. Jag sparade modemets inställningar för att sedan tanka tillbaka dom och det verkade fungera.
Har du kvar inställningarna för Nokia MP5121 och om du isåfall kan skicka dom åt mig skulle jag bli glad

max.sv@telia.com

Max

jonny1052
03-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Does anyone know how to get a BT Voyager USB ADSL modem to work with knoppix.

I am new to knoppix and know nothing about it. Can anyone help?