PDA

View Full Version : knoppix cdromconfig?

Sucker
02-05-2003, 02:49 AM
Any possibility of burning the configurations to a CD rom and getting knoppix to read from the CD Rom rather than the floppy when the contents of the knoppix CD is copied to the hard disk?

boehmb
02-05-2003, 04:24 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to leave the boot floppy in the floppy drive and have the config read off the CD-ROM. There should be a command...

robk
02-05-2003, 07:47 AM
you can save your configuration permanantly this way:
- save your configuration to the floppy (llike using floppyconfig)
- copy the contents of the floppy into the KNOPPIX directory on the cdrom (-> reburn it) or HD

-> The system will be configured automatically !

:wink:

boehmb
02-05-2003, 03:08 PM
If you put the config files in the Knoppix directory on the HD, what do you type at the boot prompt at startup? Or, does it just find the config files when loading off the hard drive??

robk
02-05-2003, 07:08 PM
The config files are automatically found in the KNOPPIX dir, so you don`t have to type in anything. Depending on your installation, this KNOPPIX dir may be on the CD or HD. To work from HD, just copy the KNOPPIX directory onto a partition and boot from floppy.

boehmb
02-05-2003, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the reply, Robk. I'll put the config floppy's files in the Knoppix directory on the HD tonight.

boehmb
02-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Works perfectly! I just copied the floppyconfig files to the Knoppix directory on the hard drive and it works. I love Knoppix!