PDA

View Full Version : Remastering with ADSL

Gamito
12-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to remaster Knoppix with my ADSL connection already setup.
I've followed the how-to in this site.

I have to copy the sources first and only then configure my internet (ADSL) connection manually, since it is not possible to do it in Knoppix interface.

Well, the problem is that in this way, is that things are as there if i have no ADSL modem.
I try to connect from the source in the disc and nothing happens.

Any ideas ?

Warm regards,
Mário Gamito

SuperDuper
01-21-2004, 05:59 AM
Hi Gamito

One way round your problem would be, if you have an old spare computer, 486 or better, at least 32mb ram, at least 540mb hard drive, if your adsl is over ethernet modem then you will need a network card for that, if its usb adsl then you will need a usb port or a usb pci card for that, also you will need a network card for your machine if it does not already have a network port, then you could set up a Smoothwall firewall on the spare computer.

Download ISO here http://www.smoothwall.org

This will enable you to download from your machine without having to setup adsl because you will already be connected to the web over the network.

I hope this has been of help, one of the other benefits is your connection is now firewall protected, Smoothwall is to my knowledge the only firewall which has support for a lot of adsl usb modems.

I have used one for over a year, I have a 4 port hub which allows me to connect other machines to my usb adsl connection.