PDA

View Full Version : The size of the game's in knoppix

yohanman
02-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Hello,

I was wondering what the size is of the games is in Knoppix.
How much size would i spare if i did'n't include the games on the cd ?

I would like to use the cd for emergency data reovery and i don't need the games for that, but i would like to add some of my own.

Maybe there is already a rebuild availeble like this ?

Flibble
02-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Check out Morphix from http://www.morphix.org

yohanman
02-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Thank you for the link, unfortunaly it is unreachable at the moment.

I would like to add an other question to my previous post.
How come knoppix is able to detect almost all hardware, even the strange and exotic ones ?
Knoppix let's allmost all my hardware run (except my winmodem :oops: ) , other distro's ware not able to do the job as good as Knoppix did !
I've tried RedHat, Suse, Slackware, Mandrake.

I really love Knoppix !

yohanman
02-05-2003, 09:36 PM
I'm sorry for the doube post.
My browser showed a time out, so i thought.... :oops:

Dave_Bechtel
02-06-2003, 04:49 AM
--Because Klaus Knopper, Our Hero, set out to build a self-contained bootable CD that could boast the best HW detection for Linux in the business - and Knoppix is the result. 8)

--See this thread ( http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=knoppix-en;action=display;num=1044370998 ) for some space-saving tips.

How come knoppix is able to detect almost all hardware, even the strange and exotic ones ?
Knoppix let's allmost all my hardware run (except my winmodem :oops: ) , other distro's ware not able to do the job as good as Knoppix did !
I've tried RedHat, Suse, Slackware, Mandrake.

I really love Knoppix !

yohanman
02-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the helpfull link's.

Morphix looks like a nice and small knoppix-based distro, but it seems to be verry instable ?
Does Morphix have the same good hardware detection en does it contain the backup / harddrive utils ?

I believe the Creative Audigy isn't supported yet ?