PDA

View Full Version : knopix-installer

Vaquero
12-13-2003, 07:33 PM
I can only find knx-hdinstall on the cd, where is knoppix-installer ?
Thx for your help .

aay
12-13-2003, 08:02 PM
/usr/sbin/knoppix-installer

restin256
12-14-2003, 12:43 AM
That doesn't work for me. Nothing happens.. I'm running it from Konquerer, and I tried logging in as root but when I logout it like.. restarts :(. Any suggestions?

Stephen
12-14-2003, 01:31 AM
That doesn't work for me. Nothing happens.. I'm running it from Konquerer, and I tried logging in as root but when I logout it like.. restarts :(. Any suggestions?
When running from the CD you would open a console window and sudo knoppix-installer and then follow the instructions to install to the HD. If this does not work could you post back with a few more details eg. steps taken, what you typed in, it helps us to help you to have as many details as possible.

champagnemojo
12-14-2003, 03:22 AM

After KDE fully loads press Ctrl+Alt+F1 and then type what Stephen says above.

restin256
12-14-2003, 08:40 AM
I tried that, and I'm pretty sure I did the setup right (selecting a hard drive with mandrake 9.2 already installed, and attempting both Debian and Knoppix installation methoods) but when it went to the install thing it stopped and showed a bunch of text on the screen, basically what looked like a memory dump of the progress of the installation. Any reason this could be happenning?